Beetroot Oats Idli in a Healthy manner.July 28, 2020
Beetroot Oats Idli recipe is Easy to make Tiffin Snack, It is Combination of Healthy Beetroot and Oats.
Beetroot Oats Idli
- 100gms Semolina (suji/ rava)
- 75gms Oats
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 250 ml Water
- 120gms Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon White lentils (urad dal)
- 10 Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon Cashews (chopped)
- 100gms beetroot (grated)
- 1 tablespoon Fruit salt / baking soda.
- 100gms Coconut (grated)
- 2 tablespoon Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Green chili finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Roasted split bengal gram
- 2 tablespoon Tamarind pulp
- 2 Dry red chili
- 1/4 tablespoon Asafoetida
- Take a pan, add semolina (suji/ rava) and fry roast until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove it from heat and keep aside.
- Take a another pan, add oats and dry roast until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove it from heat and transfer this into a blender and blend it into a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add roasted semolina (suji/ rava), blended oats powder, salt, 250 ml water and mix gently.
- Add yogurt and mix it thoroughly.
- Rest the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, white lentils (urad dal) and stir for a minute.
- Add curry leaves, cashews and mix it again.
- Cook until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add grated beetroot and mix it well.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Transfer this into the semolina (suji/rava) mixture.
- And, Mix it well.
- Add fruit salt/ baking soda, 30 ml water and mix it well.
- Pour the batter into the idli moulds.
- Heat some water in a idli pot, place the idli moulds in it.
- Cover with lid and steam for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and remove idli moulds from the idli pot. Keep aside.
- In a blender, add coconut, ginger, green chili, roasted split bengal gram, tamarind pulp, salt, water and blend it into a smooth paste and remove it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, dry red chili, curry leaves, asafoetida and stir for 2 – 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour it over the coconut chutney prepared.
- Serve the Betroot idli with prepared chutney.
Kids will be really excited to have this yummy Idli in a different colour.
How did you like the recipe? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to make it at home & share with your friends and followers.