COVID-19 VACCINE WILL BE DISTRIBUTED IN INDIA TODAY.August 13, 2020
- Russia has became the first country to approve a coronavirus vaccine
- Three vaccine candidates are in different stages of human clinical trials in India
Topics Mint Covid Tracker
An expert committee headed by NITI Aayog member VK Paul will meet today to consider the logistics and ethical aspects of procuring and administering the COVID-19 vaccine. This comes in the backdrop of Russia on Tuesday claiming that it has developed the world’s first covid vaccine offering “sustainable immunity” against the coronavirus. Russia’s health ministry however said though clinical trials were not yet complete and final stage testing involving more than 2,000 people was to start today.
2 min read. 10:20 AM IST
- Zydus is the fifth company to launch a copy of the antiviral in India
- Gilead has also entered into licensing agreements with Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd and Syngene International Ltd to make remdesivir for distribution in 127 countries, including India
Launch of platform for Transparent Taxation – Honoring The Honest, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
‘Tax system should be seamless, painless, faceless,’ says PM Narendra Modi
3 min read. Updated: 13 Aug 2020, 11:53 AM ISTStaff Writer
At 11 AM on Thursday, 13th August, the platform for ‘Transparent Taxation – Honoring the Honest’ was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
9 min read. 08:15 AM IST
- In a pandemic-induced rush to cut costs, firms are hiring managers on short-term contracts. Is it here to stay?
- Of course, all this does not mean that permanent hiring will shrink in a jiffy—80% of the new organized sector jobs could still be long-term in nature