Delicious Rava Upma recipeJuly 21, 2020
Upma is one recipe you can definitely make; as most of these ingredients are generally available in Indian household.
- Water 2 cup
- Semolina (Rava) 1 cup
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Saturated Butter (Ghee) 1 spoon
- Mustard seeds (Rai) – 1/2 tablespoon
- Urad Dal 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – Jeera 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 Onion chopped
- Curry leaves
- 1 Green chili
- 1 tablespoon green mutters
- 1/2 Tomato
- Cashews (optional)
- Coriander Leaves
- Pomegranate for garnishing (optional)
- Boil water separately.
- On the other side Heat up the pan.
- In the pan take 2 tablespoon oil
- Add 1 tablespoon Butter/Ghee
- Add Mustard seeds (Rai)
- Add White Lentils (Urad Dal)
- Add Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Cook Urad Dal till it gets little red colour
- Add Chopped onion
- Add Curry Leaves
- Add Green Chiliies
- Salt as per taste
- Add Green Mutters
- Add Chopped Tomatoes
- Add 1 cup Semolina.
- Cook everything together until you get Roasted rava smell.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water in it.
- Water should be added in parts to avoid getting lumps.
- Let everything get cooked.
- Add Cashews and chopped green coriander.
- Semolina will soak all the water.
- Upma is ready.
For Serving / Plating:
- Take a small bowl.
- Apply Butter inside the bow. This will help to demould it.
- Add cashews at the bottom of the bowl.
- Fill the bowl with Upma that was cooked.
- Now flip the bowl up-side down on a plate and Upma will easily come out.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and Pomegranate.
How did you like the recipe? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to make it at home & share with your friends and followers.