Easy way to make Smoky Baingan (Eggplant) Ka BhartaJuly 19, 2020
Baingan Ka Bharta
Baingan (Eggplant) is cooked with garlic, onion, tomatoes & all the masalas by getting roasted on open flame, which gives you the most delicious smoky flavour.
Baingan (Eggplant) ka Bharta Ingredients:
- 1-2 Baingan (Eggplants)
- 1-2 finely chopped onion
- 1-2 chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 spoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt per taste
- Turmeric powder
- Cumin seeds (jeera)
- Kashmiri red chillie powder
- Coriander powder (dhania powder)
- Garam masala
- Coriander leaves
- Green chillies
Easy steps of preparation:
- Heat up the pan, Add some oil.
- While oil is heating up take Eggplant apply little oil on the skin of the eggplant.
- Roast Baingan on the flame from all side and remove the skin-off
- Take the mashed Baingan in a separate bowl.
- Now in the hot oil, add cumin seeds (Jeera).
- Add finely chopped garlic.
- Now add 1 spoon ginger-garlic paste let them cook
- Add finely chopped onion
- Add salt as per taste cook till onion gets brown.
- Add green chillies chopped.
- Now add all dry masalas as we want masalas to get little roasted in the oil for that amazing aroma.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder (Dhaniya powder), garam masala let them get roasted for a while.
- Add 1-2 chopped tomatoes mix it all.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- When Tomatoes are well cooked, should get mushy, then.
- Add some coriander leaves, leave some for garnishing.
- Now add the mashed Eggplant in the pan and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lemon and green chillies
Baingan ka bharta is ready, enjoy with the smoky flavour.
Tips: Be patient while roasting the baingan because it needs to cook from inside. The entire process takes about 8-10 minutes on a medium high flame and you’ll need to turn it every 1-2 minutes for even roasting.
How did you like the recipe? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to make it at home & share with your friends and followers.