Enjoy Simple Suji (rava) Ke Appam!!!July 20, 2020
Suji Appam / Rava Appe
If you have an appam pan, then with the limited ingredients in your home, you can make this Suji (rava) appams for morning breakfast or evening snacks.
- 3/4th cup of Suji (Semolina/Rava)
- 3/4th cup butter milk (Chaas)
- Finely chopped beans
- Finely chopped small onion
- Finely chopped capsicums
- Finely chopped carrot
- Finely chopped chillies
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Finely chopped curry leaves
- Salt 1/2 table spoon fruit salt/ eating soda/ Eno
- In a bowl, take 3/4th cup of Suji (Semolina / Rava).
- Add 1/2 cup buttermilk (Chaas) – you can use curd as well with some water added in it. Now mix well;
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes for rava to absorb buttermilk and become a bit fluffy.
- Now mix the vegetables.
- Add Finely chopped beans.
- Add finely chopped onion.
- Add finely chopped capsicums.
- Add finely chopped carrots.
- Add finely chopped chillies.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Add some chopped curry leaves
- Add a little more than 1/4th cup buttermilk to get the right texture to pour in the appam pan.
- Mix everything.
- Heat up the appam pan.
- Add 1/2 table spoon fruit salt / eating soda/ Eno to get the fluffy texture.
- Add salt per taste.
- Add few drops of oil in the appam pan.
- Fill the appam pan little above half; leave some space as rava appam will rise up while cooking.
- Now cover with lid and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes.
- Just twist with a spoon, it will easily twist and come off.
- Our Suji (rava) appam are ready; enjoy with your choice of chutney / ketchup.
How did you like the recipe? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to make it at home & share with your friends and followers.