HEER RANJHA A GREAT LOVE STORY .August 5, 2020
Heer Ranjha (हीर रांझा)
1992 ‧ Romance
Watched it?Watchlist5.3/10 · IMDb72% liked this filmGoogle
IF U WANA READ AND ENJOY THE BEST LOVE STORY IN THE WORLD OF HEER RANJHA PLEASE FOLOW UP THE LINK AND GET IT.
Heer and Ranjha are childhood friends who get separated due to their family’s animosity. However, Deedho follows Heer to her village and goes by an alias, Ranjha, to work in their house.
Amazon.in – Buy Heer Ranjha book online at best prices in India on Amazon.in. Read Heer Ranjha book reviews & author details and more at Amazon.in.
Heer Ranjha was written by Waris Shah. Some historians say that the story was the original work of Shah, written after he had fallen in love with a girl named Bhag Bhari. Others say that Heer and Ranjha were real personalities who lived under the Lodi dynasty and that Waris Shah later utilised these personalities for his story. Shah states that the story has a deeper meaning, referring to the unrelenting quest that man has towards God.
Themes and motifs
Scholars have found it extremely difficult to assign one specific, overarching theme to the play. Proposals for a main theme include a discovery by the characters that human beings are neither wholly good nor wholly evil, but instead are more or less alike, awaking out of a dream and into reality, the danger of hasty action, or the power of tragic fate. None of these have widespread support. However, even if an overall theme cannot be found it is clear that the play is full of several small, thematic elements that intertwine in complex ways. Several of those most often debated by scholars are discussed below.
Example from the epic poem :
Rag Heer Ranjha. The invocation at the beginning, in one version:Awal-akhir naam Allah da lena, duja dos Muhammad MiranTija naun maat pita da lena, unha da chunga dudh sariranChautha naun unn paani da lena, jis khaave man banhe dhiranPanjman naun Dharti Maata da lena, jis par kadam takimanChhewan naun Khwaja Pir da lena, jhul pilave thande niranSatwan naun Guru Gorakhnath de lena, pataal puje bhojanAthwan naun lalaanwale da lena, bande bande de tabaq zanjiranFirst take the name of Allah and second the Great Muhammad, the prophet [of God]Third, take the name of father and mother, on whose milk my body thrivedFourth, take the name of bread and water, by eating which my heart is gladdenedFifth, take the name of Mother Earth, on whom I place my feet.Sixth, take the name of Khwaja (Khizr, the Saint), who gives me cold water to drinkSeventh, take the name of Guru Gorakh Nath who is worshipped with a platter of milk and riceEighth, take the name of Lalanwala who breaks the bonds and the chains of captives.
Luddan ferries Ranjha across the Chenab.
External links :
- Documentary on Heer Ranjha Kamran Saqi Documentary Film on Heer Ranjha Produced by Kamran Saqi – Royal News
- Read Online Heer Waris Shah By Peeran Dita Targarh in Urdu language.
- Complete Heer Waris Shah in Shahmukhi language.
- Qissa Heer Waris Shah in Unicode Punjabi language.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Heer Ranjha.|
- ^ http://apnaorg.com/research-papers/english/paper-9/page-1.shtml, Heer Ranjha, research paper on epic poem written by Waris Shah in 1766 on Academy of the Punjab in North America website, Retrieved 1 March 2016
- ^ N. Hanif (2000), Biographical Encyclopaedia of Sufis: South Asia, p. 387
- ^ Waqar Pirzada (2014), Chasing Love Up against the Sun, p. 12
- ^ In Waris Shah’s version there is an added invocation to the famous Panj peer or five saints
- ^ Tomb of Heer Ranjha in Jhang.Pakistan Geotagging website link:http://pakgeotagging.blogspot.com/2014/05/tomb-of-heer-ranjha-in-jhang-takht.html, Retrieved 1 March 2016.