HOOKHA DESIGNER DECORATIVE.August 13, 2020
Which type of hookah is best :
- Khalil Mamoon – Best Hookah Brand. …
- Tianyuan Glass Hookah – Best Colorful Hookah.
- Lit Premium – Best Glass Hookah.
- Pharaoh’s Nysa Set – Best High Quality Single Hose Hookah.
- Sand Blasted Skin – The Best Hookah for Sharing.
- Habibi Single Hose –The Best Personal Hookah Set.
Is hookah bad for health :
Even after it has passed through water, the smoke from a hookah has high levels of these toxic agents. Hookah tobacco and smoke contain several toxic agents known to cause lung, bladder, and oral cancers. Tobacco juices from hookahs irritate the mouth and increase the risk of developing oral cancers.
Can hookah damage your lungs :
Hookah smoking is linked to many of the same adverse health effects as cigarette smoking, such as lung, bladder and oral cancers and heart disease. 1, Long-term effects include impaired pulmonary function, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, esophageal cancer and gastric cancer.
Is hookah better for you than cigarettes :
Hookah smoke that you inhale can contain 36 times more tar than cigarette smoke, 15 times the carbon monoxide, and 70% more nicotine than one cigarette. Hookah smokers may absorb more toxins and cancer-causing chemicals than cigarette smokers.
Names and etymology :
In the Indian subcontinent, the Hindustani word huqqa (Devanagari: हुक़्क़ा, Nastaleeq: حقّہ) is used and is the origin of the English word “hookah”. The widespread use of the Indian word “hookah” in the English language is a result of the colonization in British India (1858–1947), when large numbers of expatriate Britons first sampled the water pipe. William Hickey, shortly after arriving in Calcutta, India, in 1775, wrote in his Memoirs.
Smoking the Hookah, a painting by Rudolf Ernst
In the Indian city of Fatehpur Sikri, Roman Catholic missionaries of the Society of Jesus arriving from the southern part of the country introduced tobacco to the Mughal emperor Akbar the Great (1542–1605 AD). Louis Rousselet writes that the physician of Akbar, Hakim Aboul Futteh Ghilani, then invented the hookah in India.
Persian woman with hookah (qalyan), 1900, Iran
Gaddi village men with hookah, on mountain path near Dharamshala, India.
Exposure to pathogens that cause infectious diseases :
When people share a hookah, there is a risk of spreading infectious diseases such as oral herpes, tuberculosis, hepatitis, influenza, and H. pylori. Using personal disposable mouthpieces may reduce this risk but does not eliminate it
Although perceived to be an important cultural feature of Syria (see Smoking in Syria), narghile had declined in popularity during most of the twentieth century and was used mostly by older men.
Also known as the head of the hookah, the bowl is a container, usually made out of clay, marble, or glass that holds the coal and tobacco during the smoking session.
Health effects :
See also :
External links :
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hookahs.|
- WHO Report on water pipe (hookah), by WHO Study Group on Tobacco Product Regulation (TobReg).
- Chaouachi, Kamal (2006). “A critique of the WHO Tob Reg’s “Advisory Note” report entitled: “Waterpipe tobacco smoking: Health effects, research needs and recommended actions by regulators””. Journal of Negative Results in Biomedicine. 5: 17. doi:10.1186/1477-5751-5-17. PMC 1664583. PMID 17112380.
- Scientific Evidence of the Health Risks of Hookah Smoking (University of Maryland, College Park: 9 June 2008, vol 17, issue 23).