Mahatma Gandhi – 15 Memorable QuotesAugust 21, 2020
Mahatma Gandhi, as he is known by his followers with reverence, preached the philosophy of non-violence which has become even more relevant today. His commitment to non-violence and satyagraha (peaceful resistance) gave hope to marginalized sections of India.
Mahatma Gandhi was the primary leader of India’s independence movement and also the architect of a form of civil disobedience that would influence the world. Born on October 2, 1869, in Porbandar, India, Mahatma Gandhi studied law and came to advocate for the rights of Indians, both at home and in South Africa. Gandhi became a leader of India’s independence movement, organizing boycotts against British institutions in peaceful forms of civil disobedience.
Raychandbhai by his living contact; Tolstoy by his book, “The Kingdom of God is within you”; and Ruskin by his “Unto This Last“. Besides these three personalities, Gopal Krishna Gokhale and the Gita and the Bible were life long sources of inspiration for Gandhi.
Do or Die’ Slogan of Mahatma Gandhi
Do or Die’ slogan of Gandhi ji during the Quit India Movement had a very crucial role in creating an atmosphere of hatred against the British rule in India.
Below are the Memorable Quotes of Mahatma Gandhi:
1)All the religions of the world, while they may differ in other respects, unitedly proclaim that nothing lives in this world but Truth.
2) Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.
3) We may never be strong enough to be entirely nonviolent in thought, word and deed. But we must keep nonviolence as our goal and make strong progress towards it.
4) Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
5) You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
6) The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.
7) First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
8) All the religions of the world, while they may differ in other respects, unitedly proclaim that nothing lives in this world but Truth.
9) When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
10) You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
11) To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
12) Infinite striving to be the best is man’s duty; it is its own reward. Everything else is in God’s hands.
13) An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
14) It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honored by the humiliation of their fellow beings.
15) My religion teaches me that whenever there is distress which one cannot remove, one must fast and pray.
We are deeply grateful to our readers & viewers for their time, trust and subscriptions. Do share it with your friends & followers.